Just the Basics Caring Classrooms Contest
Are you paying out of pocket to buy basic school supplies for your classroom? If so, save your money and get help from DonorsChoose.org and the Caring Classrooms Community! You can submit a project request for basic supplies at any time, but if you have a live “classroom basics” project on October 24th, your project will get an extra boost with every donation! Why? DonorsChoose.org has just announced an anonymous supporter will be doubling all donations made to classroom basics projects on October 24th!
To take advantage of this special match offer, the Caring Classrooms Community is hosting a “Just the Basics” Contest on October 24th. Our contest will begin at 7 a.m. EST and end at midnight the same day. During the contest, we’ll be selecting at least three projects to feature on our giving page, and we’ll also be giving away three $25 DC donations and one $25 TpT gift card! Read this post for the full details. If you’d like a reminder when the contest begins, sign up for the Caring Classrooms email list.
Just the Basics Contest Prizes
- Spots on our Giving Page – At least three winners will be selected to have an eligible project featured on the Caring Classrooms Giving Page. Eligible projects are qualifying “Classroom Basics” projects that need less than $175 to complete the funding, not counting the match.
- $25 DC Donations – Three winners will each receive a $25 donation to a DonorsChoose.org project of their choice.
- $25 TpT Gift Card – One winner will receive a $25 TpT Gift Card.
Submit a Qualifying Project on DonorsChoose.org Now!
If you want to benefit from the DonorsChoose.org match offer on October 24th, take a few minutes now to write a qualifying project. This is a great chance to stock up on those basics that always seem to be running out like pencils, paper, writing utensils, crayons, binders, dry erase boards, index cards, markers, folders, notebooks, stickers, or posters.
To get started, go to DonorsChoose.org and submit a project request for basic classroom supplies only. Don’t include requests for technology or other items that are not basic supplies. It’s a good idea to include the words “Classroom Basics” in your title as well as your project description to be sure it’s tagged as a qualifying project. You can learn more about this match offer here on DonorsChoose.org.
If you plan to enter the Caring Classrooms Just the Basics Contest on October 24th and would like to win a spot on our giving page, be sure to keep your total project cost under $175.
How to Enter the Just the Basics Contest
On the day of the contest, donate at least $2 to a project on the Caring Classrooms giving page and then complete the Rafflecopter entry form at the bottom of this page. If you’ve never used Rafflecopter, follow the step-by-step directions below. Each option is worth a different number of points, or entries, with a maximum of 8 points possible for those who donate at least $6 to projects on the Caring Classrooms giving page.
- Complete the donation entries that together match your TOTAL donation amount. If you donated $2, complete the $2 entry option. If you donated $4, complete the $4 entry option. If you donated $6, complete BOTH the $2 and the $4 entry options.
- Promote the Contest (Bonus #1 Entry). Earn a bonus entry when you help spread the word about the contest! Share it on Facebook, post it on Instagram, pin this contest page, email your friends, or promote it in another way.
- Choose Your Prize (Bonus #2 Entry). Be sure to fill out this part of the entry form to tell us whether you want your project added to our giving page, a $25 DC donation, or a $25 TpT gift card if you win. Before submitting your project URL, please read the eligibility guidelines below.
How Winners Are Selected and Announced
- When the giving page is down to 1 or 2 projects on October 24th, we’ll turn on the Rafflecopter to select winners randomly.
- We’ll announce winners’ names on the Caring Classrooms Facebook Page as they are selected and their donations are confirmed.
In order for a winner’s project to be added to the Caring Classrooms giving page during this contest, it must be a qualifying classroom basics project that needs less than $175 to complete the funding, not counting the match. It also must have at least 30 days left before it expires. If you are selected as a winner and your project is not eligible to be featured on our page, you’ll receive a $25 DC donation or a $25 TpT gift card if one of those prizes is still available.
If you still have questions about this contest, or if the form below isn’t working on October 24th, click over to the Caring Classrooms Facebook Community. Find any post about the contest, and ask your question in a comment on that post. We are here to help!
Rafflecopter Entry Form
You may choose more than one option below depending on the amount you donate and the other actions you take. A $2 minimum donation is required on October 24th before entering the giveaway!