Candler’s Classroom Connections
Send updates and exclusive resources to your inbox!
“I have spent the past few days looking at your site and enjoying your past and current newsletters. I feel like a kid in a candy store! Thanks so much for your hard work and your effort!”
~ Leslie Nichols
How to sign up for the Candler’s Classroom Connections
Looking for Laura’s Best Freebies?
Are you wondering what happened to the freebies that used to be in my TpT store? Last year I deactivated most of them and moved them to a private page for my newsletter subscribers called Laura’s Best Freebies. I organized the list by categories to make it easier to find what you need, too! Click here to sign up, and look for the link to these resources in the welcome message.
If you’re already a subscriber, look for a link to Laura’s Best Freebies in a recent email from me. If you’re not yet a subscriber, sign up for my newsletters here and check your email for a welcome message from me. Then follow the links in that message to find your free subscriber resources. If you’ve attempted to sign up and didn’t get the welcome message, click here to find some possible solutions to the problem.
If you’re wondering why I deactivated my freebies on TpT and moved them to my site, read The Mystery of the Missing Freebies on Corkboard Connections.
I don’t remember subscribing. Why am I receiving emails from you?
My free resources such as live webinars and exclusive freebies and my giveaways are only available to my newsletter subscribers. When you enter a giveaway or sign up for one of these exclusive freebies, you are “opting in” to my email list. I try to make it clear at the time you are signing up that you will be added to my email list, but you might have missed that disclaimer. If you aren’t interested in receiving any more emails and freebies from me, you can unsubscribe using the link at the end of any email from me. However, unsubscribing will prevent you from registering for my free webinars or downloading any new freebies.
What will I receive when I subscribe?
- A welcome message that gives you access to the Subscribers Resources and Laura’s Best Freebies pages. These pages have dozens of freebies you can download and use right away! See the sidebar for a few of the most popular freebies. (Note: If you don’t receive a welcome message immediately, read the suggestions below.)
- Regular newsletters full of activities and teaching ideas for elementary teachers
- Information about my upcoming free webinars
- Special limited-time offers and discounts on individual products or my entire store
- Information about new resources in my TpT store and updates to existing products
I signed up, but I never received the Welcome message and I haven’t received any newsletters. What’s wrong?
If you sign up but don’t get email, here are a few ideas to help you troubleshoot the problem:
- Maybe you accidentally typed your email address incorrectly. If you think this could be the problem, try again. (When I look at my list of “bounced” email addresses, it’s amazing how many of them are due to simple typos like writing “.con” instead of “.com”!)
- If you signed up with a school email address, it might be blocking my emails. The easiest solution is to use a personal email address.
- It could be that your email program is blocking the emails or moving them to another folder. Check your junk mail folders and your spam folders. If you use Gmail, check your promotions tab. If you find an email from me, click the star icon to add the email to your safe sender list.
What do I do if I used to receive your newsletters, but I’m not anymore?
- What Might Have Happened: Every once in a while I remove email addresses that don’t seem to be working, and yours might have been removed by mistake. Another possibility is that my emails are being filtered out and sent to a junk mail or promotions folder.
- What to Do: To resubscribe or confirm your subscription, enter your email address using this subscription link. If you end up on a page saying that you are updating your profile, fill out the information on that page to reactivate your account. You will receive a welcome letter that has a link to the newsletter archives. From there you can access all the newsletters you missed.
- If you can’t find the welcome email: Check your spam folders and, in Gmail, check your promotions tab. If you find the email there, add it to your “safe sender” list. In Gmail, click the star icon to mark the email as something important and additional emails from me should go to your primary inbox.
- If that doesn’t work: Your only other option is to sign up with a different email address.
What if I want to cancel my subscription?
If you want to cancel at any time, just click the Unsubscribe link at the bottom of any newsletter.
I only collect email addresses for the purpose of contacting you about freebies, webinars, and teaching resources I believe might interest you. I promise that I will NEVER sell your email address or give it to anyone else without your permission.