Episode 6: Tips for Using Attention Signals Effectively
Episode 6 Summary
Attention signals are essential tools for classroom management, and learning to use them effectively might be one of the most important keys to inspired teaching! In this episode, I explain why attention signals are so essential and share examples of signals that teachers love. I also discuss how to evaluate attention signals to ensure that you choose the right one for your classroom. The episode wraps up with a simple, step-by-step lesson plan that includes tips for teaching any new quiet signal to your students.
Listen to Episode 6 Now
Episode 6 Resources and Links
- Advice from Real Teachers: Quiet Signals Blog Post
- Tips for Using Quiet Signals and Timers
- Laura’s favorite chimes for classroom management
- Facebook Post on Teaching Resources Page about Attention Signals
- 50 Fun Call-and-Response Ideas for Getting Students’ Attention
Join the Conversation on Facebook
If you’d like to discuss attention signals with other educators, head over to the Inspired Teaching Podcast Conversations group on Facebook and click on Unit 6 to find the discussion questions. If you haven’t joined the group yet, be sure to answer all three questions that pop up when you make your request.